- All about Orienteering
- What is Oriento?
- Starting a run
- For clubs & course owners
- Setting up courses
- QR-code courses
- Other bits
Your courses on Oriento
Oriento allows clubs, councils & other estates to have their permanent orienteering courses published free of charge. This allows all Oriento users to use the course in the app.
There are two types of course. You can either have your standard course where people simply need to type in a code from a control when they arrive at it or you can use QR-codes where someone will scan the code on each post.
Oriento is a new tool and we'd love to discuss things with clubs & course owners. If you have any questions and would like to discuss anything, please drop us an e-mail to email@example.com or give us a call on 01202 030 090.
Add a course to Oriento
We'll do this for you. We just need a few things from you. Just e-mail it over to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add it to the site.
There is no need to make any physical changes to your course. Oriento will work with whatever controls you have in place (unless you wish to use our QR-code based courses).
- The name & description of the course plus any notes that are useful to people who wish to use it. You likely already have this in a document or website so just send us over what you have.
- Details how people can obtain the map for the course.
- A copy of the map for our reference (this won't be published on Oriento without your permission).
- A list of all the controls on the course with a description, number and the code available at the control site.
- Details of the different courses you wish to have. We can add timed or score courses containing all or just some of the controls on the map.
How does map distribution work?
You can choose how users can obtain a map. We can distribute the map for you through Oriento, you can provide a link to your website or you can provide instructions about how the map can be obtained (e.g. "from the gift shop").